The art of sales requires deep thought and curiosity about how people reach decisions. We all hate pushy salespeople yet we all like buying certain things. You can probably think of a delightful experience buying something. Those delightful experiences and why we make those decisions is what we break down on this episode with David Premier.
You'll learn simple frameworks in our business an personal lives of how we tend to make decisions and how you can influence those decisions using the psychology of decision making.
Today, as the Founder and Chief Sales Scientist of Cerebral Selling, David's unique science and empathy-based approaches to driving revenue and talent growth have been published in the Harvard Business Review as well as Forbes, Entrepreneur, and Inc. magazines. Often referred to as the "Sales Professor", David is also the author of the Bestselling book, Sell The Way You Buy, and an Adjunct Professor at the Smith School of Business at Queen's University.
Key Takeaways by Time!
- How David's perspective on sales formed similar to engineering only with human variables (4:00)
- If we want to see how we sell well we have to attune ourselves to the way people buy (6:29)
- 3 Things Jay would focus on if he was coaching sales people as a sales sensei (9:54)
- Why you can learn empathy and how (12:30)
- Why ROI is confused with Value (17:54)
- Knowing where peoples head might be at (28:05)
Connect with David
Connect with Us!